Jay Cutler makes a lot of sense for the

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
has almost certainly played his last game for the , and now the question becomes, where does he end up? Chicago has reportedly , but CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora writes that nobody is trading for Cutler though if hes C.J. Elleby Jersey released and becomes a free agent. One landing spot that makes a ton of sense: the 49ers, an organization in desperate need of a quarterback and where Kyle Shanahan was named the coach earlier this month. Shanahans father, Mike, drafted Cutler in 2006 when he was the Broncos coach, and the two . (Off-the-wall theory: If -- he also has a relationship Gary Trent Jr. Jersey with Kyle Shanahan -- maybe the replace him with Cutler.) Back on Earth... Heres what La Canfora wrote earlier in the week: The 49ers would make more sense for Cutler than some other quarterbacks linked to them ( ? Seriously?). Keep in mind Carmelo Anthony Jersey that new 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan goes way back with Cutler, as Shanahans father Mike drafted him in the first round out of Vanderbilt.Also worth remembering: New 49ers general manager John Lynch said earlier this year that the team might be interested in Cutlers services. This is a guy, in my mind, thats a once-in-every-15-year-type talent. Hes got that kind of skill, Lynch said of Cutler during week. I think hell grow into the other things. I sometimes think during this whole ordeal, they tried to paint him as a bad guy, but hes not a bad guy at all. Hes got some growing up to do, but hopefully he learned something from this whole ordeal and offseason. One more twist: If Cutler could decide to just call it a career, according to s Ian Rapoport, who Mario Hezonja Jersey said Wednesday that Hes one of several veterans who are still considering whether they want to play, whether they want to not play, retire, walk away. Cutler, 33, played in just five games last season because of injury, Keljin Blevins Jersey but in 2015, he ranked ninth in value per play among all quarterbacks, according to , which was better than and league MVP . But that was the anomaly for Cutler, who regularly put up replacement-level numbers during his Chicago career.

Üst